Motorsport UK Starter Packs are the gateway to your first Motorsport UK Race, Rally or Kart Competition Licence. To purchase a Motorsport UK Starter Pack, simply click here to visit the Motorsport UK Shop or call us on 01753 765000.
The packs – Go Racing; Go Rallying; Go Karting – contain:
- A Competition Licence application form (the cost of your first licence is included in the pack price)
- A booklet outlining the next steps towards your first Competition Licence
- A Motorsport UK USB stick featuring the Motorsport UK Yearbook and an instructional film
- A Motorsport UK keyring.
Once you have purchased a pack you will need to book and pass a course with an accredited school:
When you have passed the relevant course and had your Competition Licence application form stamped by the ARDS, BARS or ARKS examiner, you will be able to apply to Motorsport UK for your licence.
Everything you need to know is detailed in the starter pack booklet, but here are some key points and additional information:
- If you are aged 18 and over and applying for a Race or Kart licence you need your GP to complete Section 4 of the Competition Licence application form
- If you are under 18 years old and applying for a Kart Licence your parent or guardian must also apply for an Entrant PG Licence
- Non-UK passport holders should note that Motorsport UK is only able to issue Competition Licences to those residing in the UK and able to provide proof of address
- If your Race, Rally or Kart Competition Licence lapses for a period of three years or more, you will need to retake your ARDS, BARS or ARKS test before applying for next licence.