At Motorsport UK our mission is to inspire and enable more people to participate in our sport in a safe, fair, fun, inclusive and progressive environment, using our reach and influence to create a sustainable future for our sport. This environmental policy sets out our approach to the environment that is consistent with Motorsport UK’s Sustainability Strategy.
Scope: This policy applies to Motorsport UK’s operations and all employees (including contractors and those on fixed term contracts) and paid officials that officiate the sport on Motorsport UK’s behalf
- Motorsport UK commits to the following to ensure action on sustainability
- Complying with all applicable environmental legislation and sustainability commitments
- Measuring and analysing the carbon footprint of our operations and seeking to reduce and mitigate emissions at all times
- Ensuring our staff are aware of the environmental impact of their work activities and encourage them through regular awareness training to minimise those impacts
- Engage with wider stakeholders to educate them on calculation of carbon footprint, reduction strategy and offsetting matters
- Using measurement and engagement to pursue a programme of continuous improvement by annually reviewing our sustainability strategy and related objectives, targets, policies and practices
Motorsport UK’s environmental policy is communicated to all our employees and stakeholders and is shared on our website.
This policy has been endorsed by the Motorsport UK Board and the Sustainability Committee.
Hugh Chambers – Chief Executive Motorsport UK
To be reviewed annually