COVID-19 Information Updates
29 September 2020
Motorsport UK has announced plans for restarting motorsport across its sporting disciplines.
Significant planning has taken place involving consultation with stakeholders from across the sport and Motorsport UK’s specialist committees, to conceive how the sport can be restarted at the appropriate time, while adhering to the government’s prevailing guidelines.
Motorsport, unlike many other sports, takes place in large outdoor environments, so that with practical measures in place, much of motorsport should be able to resume, provided modifications are made to many of the sport’s established protocols.
Motorsport UK CEO, Hugh Chambers said, “This project has involved a wide representation of the motorsport community coming together and examining how each aspect of every discipline can be adapted to respect government advice on social distancing, and the broader needs of the community. As ever with Motorsport, our responsibility is to the safety of both our community and the wider public. It is important that when we do restart motorsport that we do so in a safe and responsible fashion that respects the broader public health agenda and mood of the nation.
“We will all need to modify the way we have worked in the past and accept these changes in a collaborative and constructive way. Motorsport has always thrived on innovation and adaptability to overcome problems, and it has been enormously encouraging to see the community come together and freely contributing to re-imagine every part of our sport, and the practicalities of each event.”
Motorsport UK continues to collaborate with government through the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) and will update its guidance, accordingly, should there be substantial changes in government advice or restrictions.
Details of Motorsport UK’s ‘Getting Back on Track’ guidance for event organisers can be found together with accompanying Q&A and updated event declaration documentation by following the links below.
Getting Back on Track: Guidance and Q&A
Guidance for Clubs and Organisers in Scotland has now been added to the Guidance Documents below.
Motorsport UK Guidance documents
We have updated our Media Guidance for the restart of Motorsport from 4 July for those events planning to host TV, Press and Photographers. Read the latest guidance
The latest versions of our COVID-19 Posters are now available in the Resource Centre.
Signing-On Declaration Forms
The latest versions of our Signing-On Declaration Forms are now available in the Resource Centre.
The latest versions of our Scrutineer Forms are now available in the Resource Centre.
Previous COVID-19 Motorsport UK News:
- Friday 16 October 2020 – Updated COVID-19 Guidance in relation to travel
- Friday 25 September 2020 – Motorsport UK supplements Face Covering guidance with a complementary supply of masks to Clubs
- Friday 18 September 2020 – GUIDANCE UPDATE: Scotland
- Monday 14 September 2020 – Face Mask Requirements at Motorsport UK Events
- Monday 14 September 2020 – Motorsport UK streamlines Exemption Letter application process for international events
- Monday 14 September 2020 – Further COVID-19 reassurance for the community
- Monday 10 August 2020 – Motorsport restarts in Scotland
- Tuesday 14 July 2020 – Motorsport UK and M-Sport work together to return to the stages
- Thursday 09 July 2020 – Motorsport UK gives green light to Rallying
- Tuesday 30 June 2020 – Motorsport UK gearing up for the Restart
- Friday 19 June 2020 – Motorsport UK introduces COVID-19 Officer roles to help guide the sport during the pandemic
- Wednesday 10 June 2020 – Motorsport UK to provide £50,000 of PPE to support its officials during motorsport’s restart
- Tuesday 9 June 2020 – COVID-19 forces cancellation of Wales Rally GB
- Wednesday 27 May 2020 – Motorsport UK Opens Throttle on Restarting Motorsport
- Tuesday 28 April 2020 – Government support for businesses
- Wednesday 22 April 2020 – New British title up for grabs with Motorsport UK Esports British Rally Championship
- Monday 20 April 2020 – Drivers raise £30k for NHS
- Thursday 8 April 2020 – Motorsport UK announces £1M Club Continuity Funding Package
- Monday 30 March 2020 – COVID-19: How can I help safely?
- Wednesday 25 March 2020 – Volunteers needed for the COVID-19 public effort
- Monday 23 March 2020 – Message from Motorsport UK CEO – Hugh Chambers
- Tuesday 17 March 2020 – Motorsport UK COVID-19 Update
- Monday 16 March 2020 – British Kart Championship Update
- Friday 13 March 2020 – Motorsport UK COVID-19 advice to the motorsport community