10 REASONS TO GO TO WALES RALLY GB THIS OCTOBER!
10) First up, the all-important Shakedown stage. Run on Thursday morning in Gwydir forest, this will be the last chance crews have to test their machines on the legendary Welsh stages before the rally gets underway later that evening. Fans will be treated to plenty of action with the top cars passing through the stage at least three times.
9) Two-time WRC Champion Marcus Gronholm is our 2019 Official Rally Legend and will be present at many of the venues including the autograph session at Oulton Park.
8) The Need for Speed. The Wolf Power Stage is the final gauntlet on the event, as crews pick their way through Brenig forest. Who will be braver than brave and risk it all for bonus world championship points? Be stage side to witness the guys at the top push for glory.
7) As well as the WRC field, on Friday and Saturday the WRGB National Rally will see a whole host of plucky drivers take to the same stages as the WRC elite. From Subaru’s to the legendary Ford Escort Mk2. There will be a rallying favourite for everyone.
6) The Dayinsure Oulton Park Stage gets the rally underway on Thursday evening and there will be plenty for rally goers young and old. From the fast and furious action on the circuit to all the fun of the fair in the Family Fun Zone. As we celebrate our 75th, we will have a mouth-watering collection of rally cars spanning the history of the sport thanks to Autocar Magazine.
5) Petter Solberg will be contesting his final WRC event on Wales Rally GB after a decorated career. The 2003 Champion and four-time Rally GB winner is one of the most loved drivers of all time. Solberg Senior will be competed against his son, Oliver who will be tackling his first WRC event. It will almost certainly be a ‘you had to be there moment’.
4) Sweet, Sweet Lamb! The iconic Sweet Lamb stage on Super Saturday is popular spot for rally fans. The ‘amphitheatre atmosphere’ allows spectators to view cars splash through watersplashes, grab some air over the jumps and power slide through hairpins – plenty of excitement and entertainment all in front of your eyes.
3) There will be plenty for British and Irish fans to excited about as Kris Meeke, Craig Breen and Wales’ own Elfyn Evans will be fighting at the very front for the overall win in the latest specification rally cars.
2) Colwyn Bay provides perfect value for money at just £15. On Saturday afternoon supercars, classic cars and fairground rides providing plenty of entertainment for the family. When the sun sets, the WRC stars will entertain on the sea front with the bright lights, popping exhausts and glowing brake disks providing a visual and acoustic feast. Don’t forget to look to the skies too, as the Red Bull Matadors will be gracing Wales Rally GB with a fantastic air display.
1) Sir Chris Hoy will be paying tribute to the late, great Colin McRae at Oulton Park. The Legendary Olympian will raise the curtain on the event as he gets behind the wheel of an iconic Subaru Impreza – firing up the flat-four machine and driving it only one way… Flat Out!
For further details and purchase your passes, visit walesrallygb.com/tickets now