Motorsport Coach Qualification
Motorsport UK has developed the Motorsport Coach qualification (1st4Sport, level 2) to set the standard for coaching in motor sport.
The qualification will provide both personalised and collaborative experiences to develop and support coach learning, using a blend of face to face and online videos and workshops as well as practical observation and expert insights. It will cover technical, tactical, physical and mental skills and more importantly, the underpinning coaching principles drawn from best practice within the sporting industry.
This course is for anyone that’s supporting and developing a driver at any stage of their career from grassroots right through to elite. You might be an existing instructor or motorsport coach wanting to develop your skills, or you may be brand new to motorsport coaching. You might even be fulfilling a different supporting role in the industry such as a motorsport engineer, team manager, a parent or even a driver coaching another driver. Whatever your motivation, this course will cover everything you need to know to make your coaching more successful and more effective.
- Be at least 17 years of age (18 years prior to certification)
- Hold a full UK driving licence
- Hold at least one of the following:
- ‘Motorsport Accelerator’ award AND be able to evidence relevant equivalent technical competence
- An instructor licence at levels: ARDS Grade B or above, BARS Grade A or above, ARKS Grade A or above, AHASS Instructor
- Relevant equivalent technical/sporting competence*
- Have access to a device for the online resources and webinar delivery
- Be able to communicate effectively in English
- A valid Motorsport UK approved DBS certificate (add link to MSUK DBS info/system
- Safeguarding qualification suitable for the environment in which they lead and coach** (Free of Charge, Level 2 Motorsport UK add link)
*Instructors and those with relevant equivalent technical competence are also advised to complete the Motorsport Accelerator award which will be made available
**or ‘Coaching Adults-only’ declaration
The cost of the qualification is £549.99 which includes the workshops, webinars, online modules and practical assessment, all coaching resources, educator support and the learner registration fee to 1st4sport as well as the initial Motorsport UK Coach Licence. (link to coach licence & benefits tab)
What to expect
Click HERE for more information.
Register for your interest HERE.