The gateway to your first licence
Motorsport UK Starter Packs are the gateway to your first Motorsport UK Race, Rally or Kart Competition Licence. To purchase a Motorsport UK Starter Pack, simply click here to visit the Motorsport UK Shop or call us on 01753 765000.
Please note that a Go Karting Starter Pack is not needed if you are applying for a Motorsport UK K-I or K-X licence.
The packs – Go Racing; Go Rallying; Go Karting – contain:
- A Competition Licence application form
- A booklet outlining the next steps towards your first Competition Licence
- A Motorsport UK USB stick featuring the Motorsport UK Yearbook and an instructional film
- A Motorsport UK keyring.
Once you have purchased a pack you will need to book and pass a course with an accredited school:
- Association of Racing Drivers Schools (ARDS)
- British Association of Rally Schools (BARS)
- Association of Racing Kart Schools (ARKS)
When you have passed the relevant course and had your Competition Licence application form stamped by the ARDS, BARS or ARKS examiner, you will be able to apply to Motorsport UK for your licence.
Everything you need to know is detailed in the starter pack booklet, but here are some key points and additional information:
- If you are aged between 14 and 59 and applying for your first Race, Truck or Long Circuit Kart Licence, only a vision test is required. See Section 4A of your application.
- If you are aged 60 and over applying for your first Race, Truck or Long Circuit Kart Licence, you must have a medical and vision test. See Section 4A and 4B of your application.
- If you are under 18 years old and applying for a Kart Licence, your Parent or Legal Guardian must also apply for a Entrant PG Licence under Section 5.
- Non-UK passport holders should note that Motorsport UK is only able to issue Competition Licences to those residing in the UK and able to provide proof of address.
- If your Race Inter Club or Kart Inter Club Competition Licence lapses for a period of 3 years or more, you may be required to retake your ARDS or ARKS test before applying for your next licence.
By joining Motorsport UK you can take your passion to the next level with exclusive discounts and offers from major retailers and automotive partners. Save on car tyres, tools, MOTs, parts, accessories, travel, motorsport merchandise and more:
- 10% discount in Halfords stores nationwide which includes access to the Halfords ‘wefit’ service
- 25% off the entire Power Maxed range, the market leaders in maintenance products for your car
- Claim up to £100 back on Pirelli tyre purchases
- Competition and road car tyre discounts at Protyre, plus £25 MOTs
- Discounted RAC breakdown cover
- 20% off IAM Roadsmart advanced driving courses
- Preferential rates at 80 hotels around the country with Hilton, Doubletree, Hilton Garden Inn and Hampton Hotels
- 10% off Avis car rental
- Discounts on DFDS continental ferry crossings
- Exclusive deals on ferry crossings to Ireland with Nutt Travel
- Discounts on tickets to major Silverstone events including the Formula One British Grand Prix, plus savings on driving experiences
- Discounts on race meeting tickets, plus 15% off experience days at Castle Combe Circuit
- Discounts on motorsport experience days and Knockhill Circuit events including 2 for 1 tickets to race events
- Omologato is offering exclusive discounts on its stylish racing-inspired watches
- 20% off motorsport merchandise, including authentic team replica clothing and accessories at Grandstand Merchandise
- 10% off branded overalls and £25 off a £250 spend at Grand Prix Racewear
- 15% off Motorsport UK clothing and accessories, plus access to Revolution, Motorsport UK’s official monthly magazine
Access all these benefits and more when you join Motorsport UK today!