Motorsport UK Academy opens Team UK Futures applications for 2023
2022 saw a record number of drivers selected into the Team UK Futures programme and now the Motorsport UK Academy are looking for the UK’s most promising young, upcoming drivers to join its 2023 intake.
Aimed at drivers aged 15-24 years old, who are actively competing within Junior and National championships, the two-year programme looks to support drivers and develop their knowledge, skills and the performance mindset needed to maximise their potential.
In the first year, a combination of in-person workshops and online sessions provide an introduction to the key principles of development within the sport, alongside performance management provided by two of the Academy’s expert in-house team of coaches, Adam Gould and James Wozencroft. The second year of the programme looks more in-depth into the technical knowledge required for elite sports performance. Industry experts and site visits also provide exclusive access into the top levels of the sport.
“Over the last few years, we have worked to create long lasting relationships with industry experts and teams, to provide a well-rounded holistic approach to driver development,” commented Katie Baldwin, Motorsport UK Competitors Pathway Manager. “The performance the drivers deliver in competition of course plays a big part in their progression through the ranks of the sport – we also look at the other areas around that performance that can give them that marginal gain over their rivals.”
Designed to support the stage of the pathway beneath Team UK, the Team UK Futures programme is for competitors looking for an opportunity to progress both professionally and personally in a supportive, high-performance environment.
Applicant requirements (at the time of application):
- Aged 15-24 years
- Hold a valid Motorsport UK competition licence
- Regularly competing at Interclub events or above
- Demonstrate the potential to achieve excellence within their chosen field
- Demonstrate the values and behaviours expected of an ambassador of Motorsport UK
- Demonstrate high levels of commitment and desire to develop and progress in the sport
- Have been born in the UK or, have at least one parent of British nationality or have acquired British nationality or have officially resided within the UK continuously for not less than three complete years immediately prior to the date of entry into the programme (February 2023)
To apply for the programme, please click here and submit your application by no later than 16th January 2023. Applications must be submitted with permission from a parent/guardian, however we do encourage drivers to complete the content of the application themselves.