The right to compete in a fair and safe environment
Motorsport UK believes that competitors have the right to compete in a fair and – so far as possible – safe environment.
Motorsport UK operates an anti-doping programme in conjunction with UK Anti-Doping (UKAD). UKAD work in collaborating to protect NGBs from doping and ensuring that National Governing Bodies such as Motorsport UK are compliant with the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Code.
All competitors are solely responsible for any banned substance they use, attempt to use, or which is found in their system, regardless of how it got there and whether or not there was an intention to cheat.
Banned substances can be found in any of the following categories:
- Prescribed medicines
- Over-the-counter medicines
- Recreational drugs
- Performance-enhancing drugs
If you are unsure about any medicines or substances you are taking, please visit the Useful Resources.
Any competitor caught doping can expect the following:
- A ban from ALL sport for a period of time. This includes: Competing, officiating, training and assisting an athlete
- You will be unable to compete in any Motorsport UK competitions
- You will not be able to train in a Motorsport UK approved centre for example affiliated club, funded gym, funded facility
- You will not be able to receive any sports related funding
- You may lose previous medals, titles and records
- The ban affects your participation in ALL sport under the WADA banner
It is vital that you report anyone who you believe is doping. If you think someone may be doping then contact UKAD – click here or call 08000 32 23 32.
Everyone in motorsport has a right to complete in a safe and fair environment with an emphasis on safety in motorsport. If you wish to discuss any information confidentially please contact the Motorsport UK Compliance Officer on:
T: +44 (0) 1753 765071
M: +44 (0) 7519 801674
You can also search for ‘Clean Sport’ on iTunes or Google Play to find the app.