Motorsport UK Academy opens applications for its 2023 Co-Driver programme
Motorsport UK Academy has opened applications for new participants on its 2023 Co-Driver programme.
The one-year bespoke programme aims to support talented Co-Drivers who have the potential to reach an elite level of rallying. Alongside providing technical development sessions in writing Pacenotes, recces and creating service schedules, it also looks at areas around the Co-Driver role to develop such as media, fitness and sport psychology.
“The role of a Co-Driver is incredibly unique and therefore a programme that specifically covers their craft is much needed,” explains Katie Baldwin, Motorsport UK Competitors Pathway Manager. “With the focus often being on Pacenotes, we work with our expert Academy coaches to provide development in other areas that all link back to elite athlete performance support.”
Led by Nicky Grist and Paul Spooner, Co-Drivers on the programme also benefit from 1:1 coaching sessions and online group calls, all designed to help perfect their role and share best practice.
There is also an opportunity to be supported at Team UK level by mentor Seb Marshall, after the Co-Driver strand was newly added to the pinnacle programme of the Academy last year.
Previous Co-Driver graduates include Ross Whittock and Scott Martin, who both currently compete in the FIA Word Rally Championship.
Applicant requirements (at the time of application):
- Aged 18-28 years
- Hold a valid Motorsport UK competition licence
- Regularly competing in Junior or National championships
- Demonstrate the potential to achieve excellence
- Demonstrate the values and behaviours expected of an ambassador of Motorsport UK
- Demonstrate high levels of commitment and desire to develop and progress in the sport
- Have been born in the UK or have at least one parent of British nationality or have acquired British nationality or have officially resided within the UK continuously for not less than three complete years, immediately prior to the date of entry into the programme (February 2023)
To apply for the programme, please click here and submit your application no later than 16th January 2023.
If you have any questions about the programme, please contact email@example.com. You can find out more about the Co-Driver programme here.