Motorsport UK announces new Board
Four new independent Board members have been appointed:
- Catherine Bond Muir, who is currently CEO of the women-only race series, W Series. Catherine comes from a distinguished legal career in sport and corporate organisations.
- Chris Cooper, Founder and MD of Challenge Consulting and previously Chair of the Board at UK Management Consultancies Association, with prior roles at Deloitte, BDO and Sybase. Chris is an active competitor in GT racing.
- Helen Bashford-Malkie, currently Chairman of ProtoEV and working as an automotive consultant; formerly CEO of Chevron Racing Cars Group for 37 years.
- Roger Wills, currently holding various Board Directorships, having previously worked in financial services including as CEO for ESN Group and Brunswick Capital. Roger is a highly regarded competitor in classic car racing.
Additionally, three former Motorsport UK Board members return to the Board having been elected by the newly constituted Council: David Lapworth (Chair of the Technical Committee), Richard Norbury (Chair of the Judicial Committee), and Nicky Moffitt (Chair of the Rally Committee).
The full Board will therefore comprise:
- David Richards CBE – Chairman
- Tom Purves – Chairman of Council
- Hugh Chambers – CEO
- Ben Cussons
- Catherine Bond Muir
- Chris Cooper
- David Lapworth
- Helen Bashford-Malkie
- Nicky Moffitt
- Peter Read
- Richard Norbury
- Roger Wills
Motorsport UK would like to express its gratitude to outgoing Board members:
- Christine Gaskell MBE
- Danesh Gangahar
- Ian Watson
- Mike Broad
- Tim Jackson