Motorsport UK Academy opens applications for Team UK Futures programme
Motorsport UK Academy welcomes applications for the Team UK Futures programme for both drivers and co-drivers for 2022.
The second stage of the governing body’s talent pathway, which consists of multiple programmes and equips the UK’s most promising young drivers with the knowledge, skills and attitude needed to maximise their performance, is targeted at individuals aged 15-24 in active competition within Junior and National championships.
For drivers, the first of a two-year programme will be focused around an introduction to the key principles of development within the sport, alongside performance management provided by the Academy’s expert in-house team of coaches. In the second year, the programme consists of more in-depth technical knowledge about elite sports performance with insight from industry experts.
The one-year Co-Driver programme is for those with the potential to reach an elite level in rallying and features individualised 1:1 performance management coaching, workshops, expert industry insights as well as collaboration with the drivers programme. Applicants for this programme must be aged 18 years or above.
Designed to support the stage of the pathway beneath Team UK, the Team UK Futures programme is for competitors looking for an opportunity to progress both professionally and personally in a supportive, high performance environment.
Applicant requirements (at the time of application):
- Aged 15-24 (18+ for co-drivers)
- Hold a Motorsport UK-issued competition license
- Hold (or be eligible to hold) a British passport
- Regularly competing at Interclub events or above
- Demonstrate the potential to achieve excellence within their chosen field
- Demonstrate the values and behaviours expected of an ambassador of Motorsport UK
- Demonstrate high levels of commitment and desire to develop and progress in the sport
Successful applicant’s obligations will include:
- An expectation to attend all programme events (dates to be advised upon selection)
- To develop effective communication channels with Motorsport UK Academy staff and coaches
- Represent and promote the Motorsport UK Academy (and associated programmes) appropriately
To submit an application, click here.
Closing date for applications – Monday 17th January 2022